Skip to main content

The feeling scoring against Chelsea for Manchester city-Frank lampard


Chelsea legend Frank Lampard has finally spoken on how he felt when he scored against the Blues for Manchester City.

Early into the 2014/15 campaign, Lampard’s new Man City side hosted Chelsea, who were top of the Premier League, at the Etihad.

Lampard, who came on for the final ten minutes of the game and scored against Chelsea to stop the Blues from extending their 100 per cent winning start to the season, said it was “really tough” for him.

In an interview with Copa90, he said: “It was tough, it was really tough, listen, I had to do my job.

“Everyone tells me they had a feeling I was going to score, I only came on for 20 minutes. It’s one of those things that happens in football.

“The Chelsea fans were incredible for me and going to Man City was a massive choice for me.

“I didn’t want to lose 13 years, I had a great bond with the Chelsea fans, and I was like ‘ah, is this going to taint 13 years?’

“I don’t think it did in the end, and [going to Man City] was a great opportunity for me.

“I loved my time at City, and scoring that goal, I was concerned how it would be but [the Chelsea fans’] reaction afterwards was incredible, and since then.”

Lampard spent 13 years at Stamford Bridge, winning three Premier League trophies and the Champions League.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pastor admits defrauding Atiku of N918m

A confessional statement tendered before an Ikeja High Court on Tuesday revealed how Pastor Nsikakabasi Akpan-Jacobs voluntarily confessed defrauding Mrs Titi Atiku, the wife of former Vice-President Abubakar Atiku of N918 million. Mr Dickson Graymond, a retired detective with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) insisted on the voluntariness of Akpan-Jacob’s alleged confessional statement while giving evidence during a trial. While being led in evidence by Mr Babatunde Sonoiki, the EFCC prosecuting counsel, Graymond said: “There are so many things that he confided in me that he refused to put into writing. “He admitted to me that Florence Doregos was Titi Atiku but he refused to put that into writing. “He confided in me that he wanted to contest in the Akwa-Ibom elections and that as soon as he begs Her Excellency, the matter will be over. “All what he told me were not forced, I did not even force him to write all what he confided in me in his confessional ...

Epic tho.. davido shades Caroline danjuma in new track #FIA

On his new single titled “Fia,” Davido subliminally shaded actress and girlfriend of late Tagbo, Caroline Danjuma. The two celebrities had a face-off that led them to the police for resolution. The issue emanated from the Caroline Danjuma’s Instagram post, accusing Davido of being involved in Tagbo’s death. The issue seem to have been resolved by the Nigerian police, with Davido vindicated and Caroline Danjuma embracing peace. But as expected, Davido addressed the issue on his latest single, Fia. His lyrics on the song, seem to be a shade to the beautiful actress. On the song, Davido said: “Caroline save your drama I dont need it, (its) for the soap opera. Holla holla Mr. Olopa I’m not hear to cause wahala o. Hello diva save your drama, you don’t need it in your soap opera o….”

Real Reason Why This Statue Of Fela Kuti In Lagos Is Headless

The 2017 edition of the festival was a special edition as it marked the 20th year anniversary of Fela’s demise, and the Lagos State government commemorated the legend by erecting ‘The Liberation’ a statue of Fela at Allen Roundabout, Ikeja, Lagos. To the surprise of several people, the statue erected was without a head and this raised a lot of suspiscion and comments from fans of the late Afrobeat legend. Responding on behalf of the family, Fela’s daughter and social commentator, Yeni Kuti has justified the design of the monument, saying it was the expression of how the artist felt about the late legend. She said: ‘Before people on social media will start to say the Fela has no head or it has no hand and so on, it is art and before you abuse us, let me answer quickly. It is art. How an artist feels is how he feels because if he had put a head and the head did not look like Fela, everybody will say the head did not look like Fela so now you cannot abuse the head because it is not even t...