Skip to main content

Why I snubbed England for Nigeria-Alex iwobi reveals


Super Eagles star, Alex Iwobi has explained the reasons he snubbed England for Nigeria after scoring a brace in the win over Argentina on Tuesday.
The 21-year-old made the choice to play international football for Nigeria in 2015 despite featuring in England’s youth teams.
Iwobi admitted his family, including his uncle and former Bolton star, Jay-Jay Okocha, played a pivotal role in the decision.

“I was growing up in England and England was the only national team I knew, so I was actually very pleased to play at national level,” Iwobi told Soccer Laduma.
“However, my family are all from Nigeria, I was born in Nigeria, my uncle (Jay-Jay Okocha) is a legend in Nigeria.
“That’s why I thought I would give it a chance. That’s why I went to the U23s and somehow felt more welcome, and I thought it’s where I belong, so I made the decision to switch.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pastor admits defrauding Atiku of N918m

A confessional statement tendered before an Ikeja High Court on Tuesday revealed how Pastor Nsikakabasi Akpan-Jacobs voluntarily confessed defrauding Mrs Titi Atiku, the wife of former Vice-President Abubakar Atiku of N918 million. Mr Dickson Graymond, a retired detective with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) insisted on the voluntariness of Akpan-Jacob’s alleged confessional statement while giving evidence during a trial. While being led in evidence by Mr Babatunde Sonoiki, the EFCC prosecuting counsel, Graymond said: “There are so many things that he confided in me that he refused to put into writing. “He admitted to me that Florence Doregos was Titi Atiku but he refused to put that into writing. “He confided in me that he wanted to contest in the Akwa-Ibom elections and that as soon as he begs Her Excellency, the matter will be over. “All what he told me were not forced, I did not even force him to write all what he confided in me in his confessional ...

Epic tho.. davido shades Caroline danjuma in new track #FIA

On his new single titled “Fia,” Davido subliminally shaded actress and girlfriend of late Tagbo, Caroline Danjuma. The two celebrities had a face-off that led them to the police for resolution. The issue emanated from the Caroline Danjuma’s Instagram post, accusing Davido of being involved in Tagbo’s death. The issue seem to have been resolved by the Nigerian police, with Davido vindicated and Caroline Danjuma embracing peace. But as expected, Davido addressed the issue on his latest single, Fia. His lyrics on the song, seem to be a shade to the beautiful actress. On the song, Davido said: “Caroline save your drama I dont need it, (its) for the soap opera. Holla holla Mr. Olopa I’m not hear to cause wahala o. Hello diva save your drama, you don’t need it in your soap opera o….”

Real Reason Why This Statue Of Fela Kuti In Lagos Is Headless

The 2017 edition of the festival was a special edition as it marked the 20th year anniversary of Fela’s demise, and the Lagos State government commemorated the legend by erecting ‘The Liberation’ a statue of Fela at Allen Roundabout, Ikeja, Lagos. To the surprise of several people, the statue erected was without a head and this raised a lot of suspiscion and comments from fans of the late Afrobeat legend. Responding on behalf of the family, Fela’s daughter and social commentator, Yeni Kuti has justified the design of the monument, saying it was the expression of how the artist felt about the late legend. She said: ‘Before people on social media will start to say the Fela has no head or it has no hand and so on, it is art and before you abuse us, let me answer quickly. It is art. How an artist feels is how he feels because if he had put a head and the head did not look like Fela, everybody will say the head did not look like Fela so now you cannot abuse the head because it is not even t...