Skip to main content

Emily Skye Just Shared A Super-Honest Post About Her Pregnancy Weight Gain


Fitness trainer Emily Skye has been keeping fans up to date on her pregnancy, and now she’s getting super honest about how much weight she’s gained.
In a candid new Instagram post, Emily revealed that she’s gained 46 pounds so far (she’s due in a few weeks), which is a little bit more than she planned. “My pregnancy hasn’t really gone to plan as far as my fitness is concerned,” she captioned two selfies that showed off her baby bump. “I thought I’d be able to keep up with my exercise until the end of my pregnancy but that did NOT happen haha. Due to a long term back problem (I’ve spoken about before) & sciatica I haven’t been able to exercise for the past 2 months as I was just too uncomfortable & it was starting to make my back & sciatica worse. I made the choice to listen to my body & stop. It’s only short term inactivity & there’s always time to get my fitness back later.”

Emily admitted that she’s “slightly envious” of women who can exercise up until they give birth, but she says it’s just not right for her—and she encouraged other women to listen to their bodies, too. “I get messages from ladies everyday upset about the weight & cellulite they’ve gained while pregnant & I just want you ladies to know that gaining weight while pregnant is NORMAL,” she wrote. “Some people only gain a little and some gain a lot but it’s all ‘normal’ – as long as your Doc doesn’t have any concerns of course!”

And then Emily showed why so many people are obsessed with her. “I refuse to beat myself up. I refuse to compare myself to others & I refuse to let these physical changes that some might see as ‘flaws’ take away my happiness & neither should any of you," she said. Instead, she’s focusing on welcoming her daughter.

“Nothing can take away the happiness I have right now & I’m healthy & so is my baby girl & that’s all that matters,” she said. “I don’t care about the fat I’ve gained, the swelling & cellulite etc. These things are not important to me. I have such an overwhelming appreciation for my body & the human it’s growing.I am so blessed to be able to carry my little girl & I’m so excited to meet her within the next few weeks!”

Sure, pregnancy often comes with some big body changes that can be hard to accept, but Emily is so right—it doesn’t matter. All that matters is that you and your baby are healthy. Everything else is just white noise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pastor admits defrauding Atiku of N918m

A confessional statement tendered before an Ikeja High Court on Tuesday revealed how Pastor Nsikakabasi Akpan-Jacobs voluntarily confessed defrauding Mrs Titi Atiku, the wife of former Vice-President Abubakar Atiku of N918 million. Mr Dickson Graymond, a retired detective with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) insisted on the voluntariness of Akpan-Jacob’s alleged confessional statement while giving evidence during a trial. While being led in evidence by Mr Babatunde Sonoiki, the EFCC prosecuting counsel, Graymond said: “There are so many things that he confided in me that he refused to put into writing. “He admitted to me that Florence Doregos was Titi Atiku but he refused to put that into writing. “He confided in me that he wanted to contest in the Akwa-Ibom elections and that as soon as he begs Her Excellency, the matter will be over. “All what he told me were not forced, I did not even force him to write all what he confided in me in his confessional ...

Epic tho.. davido shades Caroline danjuma in new track #FIA

On his new single titled “Fia,” Davido subliminally shaded actress and girlfriend of late Tagbo, Caroline Danjuma. The two celebrities had a face-off that led them to the police for resolution. The issue emanated from the Caroline Danjuma’s Instagram post, accusing Davido of being involved in Tagbo’s death. The issue seem to have been resolved by the Nigerian police, with Davido vindicated and Caroline Danjuma embracing peace. But as expected, Davido addressed the issue on his latest single, Fia. His lyrics on the song, seem to be a shade to the beautiful actress. On the song, Davido said: “Caroline save your drama I dont need it, (its) for the soap opera. Holla holla Mr. Olopa I’m not hear to cause wahala o. Hello diva save your drama, you don’t need it in your soap opera o….”

Saraki appreciate President buhari for sign NEDC into law

Senate President, Dr. Abubakar Bukola Saraki, has commended President Muhammadu Buhari for signing into law the North East Development Commission (NEDC) Bill. Saraki, in a statement by his Special Adviser (Media and Publicity), Yusuph Olaniyonu, described the Presidential Assent as a “major development in the efforts by the present administration to restore peace and normalcy in the North East and making the harrowing experience of the people as a result of the insurgency a thing of the past”. “I applaud President Buhari for signing the North East DevelopmentCommission Bill into law. Now, that the NEDC Act has the full force and effect of the law, it is my hope that we can collectively work towards the rehabilitation, reconstruction and rebuilding of the North East. “I believe the NEDC Act will help alleviate the suffering of the millions of Nigerians whose lives have been affected by the insurgency in the zone”, the Senate President stated. “You will recall that when I visit...