Skip to main content

why i lost respect for legendary musician, Onyeka Onwenu-Aramide [VIDEO]

 

Nigeria singer, Aramide has revealed that the worst experience of her life was the day she lost respect for veteran musician, Onyeka Onwenu.

While at NET TV, she shared the only meeting she has had with one of her childhood inspirations, Onyeka Onwenu.

According to her, Sadly, the meeting did not go as planned as she was having none of it at all.

The Elegant Stallion had opened a show for the legendary singer (Onyeka) and stuck around to take a photo.

“I was still really new in the industry and I opened the stage for her, I got down and decided to take a picture with her, as soon as I got there she went off on me.

“She said ‘Don’t touch me’. It was like the worst experience I have had in my life. Everyone was staring at me. I don’t think she knew I opened the show for her,” Aramide said.

“I even knelt down to greet her, and she said okay come and take the picture. For a moment, I felt bad, but the good thing about that kind of situation is that it makes you work really hard. I lost my respect for her after that event, I don’t think I would see her and say hello. But It was a long time ago. It is what it is now, I have moved on,” the singer concluded.

Aramide has become one of afrosoul’s most easily recognizable faces having dropped a critically acclaimed album in 2016.

Her debut album Suitcase was widely applauded and it earned her a tour of the United States.

Watch
Video
https://youtu.be/1p4cyldVWt0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pastor admits defrauding Atiku of N918m

A confessional statement tendered before an Ikeja High Court on Tuesday revealed how Pastor Nsikakabasi Akpan-Jacobs voluntarily confessed defrauding Mrs Titi Atiku, the wife of former Vice-President Abubakar Atiku of N918 million. Mr Dickson Graymond, a retired detective with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) insisted on the voluntariness of Akpan-Jacob’s alleged confessional statement while giving evidence during a trial. While being led in evidence by Mr Babatunde Sonoiki, the EFCC prosecuting counsel, Graymond said: “There are so many things that he confided in me that he refused to put into writing. “He admitted to me that Florence Doregos was Titi Atiku but he refused to put that into writing. “He confided in me that he wanted to contest in the Akwa-Ibom elections and that as soon as he begs Her Excellency, the matter will be over. “All what he told me were not forced, I did not even force him to write all what he confided in me in his confessional ...

Epic tho.. davido shades Caroline danjuma in new track #FIA

On his new single titled “Fia,” Davido subliminally shaded actress and girlfriend of late Tagbo, Caroline Danjuma. The two celebrities had a face-off that led them to the police for resolution. The issue emanated from the Caroline Danjuma’s Instagram post, accusing Davido of being involved in Tagbo’s death. The issue seem to have been resolved by the Nigerian police, with Davido vindicated and Caroline Danjuma embracing peace. But as expected, Davido addressed the issue on his latest single, Fia. His lyrics on the song, seem to be a shade to the beautiful actress. On the song, Davido said: “Caroline save your drama I dont need it, (its) for the soap opera. Holla holla Mr. Olopa I’m not hear to cause wahala o. Hello diva save your drama, you don’t need it in your soap opera o….”

Real Reason Why This Statue Of Fela Kuti In Lagos Is Headless

The 2017 edition of the festival was a special edition as it marked the 20th year anniversary of Fela’s demise, and the Lagos State government commemorated the legend by erecting ‘The Liberation’ a statue of Fela at Allen Roundabout, Ikeja, Lagos. To the surprise of several people, the statue erected was without a head and this raised a lot of suspiscion and comments from fans of the late Afrobeat legend. Responding on behalf of the family, Fela’s daughter and social commentator, Yeni Kuti has justified the design of the monument, saying it was the expression of how the artist felt about the late legend. She said: ‘Before people on social media will start to say the Fela has no head or it has no hand and so on, it is art and before you abuse us, let me answer quickly. It is art. How an artist feels is how he feels because if he had put a head and the head did not look like Fela, everybody will say the head did not look like Fela so now you cannot abuse the head because it is not even t...