Skip to main content

Singer Seyi Shay Finally Speaks On Her Fall At AFRIMA Awards



Some weeks back,we could vividly remember an incident that accord at the just concluded Afrima award night where singer seyi Shay slipped on stage?

She has finally said what could be the reason of her slip on stage

In a new interview with SUNDAY SCOOP, the singer talked about her fall and how it inspired her to drop a single.

She said;

“At backstage, I was blaming everyone. I blamed my stylist, the designer, and my manager. I even blamed the stage. But the truth is that what is meant to be will be. I think with every lesson, there is a blessing.

“I knew that when I got off the stage and opened my phone, there would be so much talk about my fall. Like I expected, by the time I got to my room, sources already had 40,000 views.”

According to her, the AFRIMA’s experience was the first time she would be experiencing such an embarrassing moment.

“You know everybody has a first time. Wizkid, Davido and even Beyonce have suffered similar fate in the past. She fell from the stage. Rihanna and Jennifer Lopez have fallen on stage as well.

“So, when you think about all these stars and their experiences, you will realise that you are not different from them and you are not immune to mistakes as well. I see my fall as a very humbling moment of my life,” she added.

Immediately she left the Eko Hotel and Suites venue of AFRIMA, she went to the studio with her manager and Klem, the songwriter who wrote ‘Yolo Yolo’, to make a song.

She stated,

“The title of my new song is The Fall, and it has to do with the AFRIMA’s experience. I plan to drop the song next month.

Sometimes, when misfortune happens, you have to look at the positive side and all the opportunities in it to turn the misfortune into fortune. That’s what we are doing right now.”

She wondered how she picked herself up after she fell, saying she was just conscious of the fact that it was a live show and she couldn’t let Nigerians down.

“I guess the fall just brought out the best in me. It made me realise that I wasn’t invincible. Since I knew that it was a live show, watched by everyone across the globe, I couldn’t embarrass my country. I had no choice but to get up and finish the show.

“It was the dress I wore that caused the fall, but most people didn’t know that. I stepped on it and the material dragged me down. I will be 100 per cent careful when considering my costume going forward,” she noted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pastor admits defrauding Atiku of N918m

A confessional statement tendered before an Ikeja High Court on Tuesday revealed how Pastor Nsikakabasi Akpan-Jacobs voluntarily confessed defrauding Mrs Titi Atiku, the wife of former Vice-President Abubakar Atiku of N918 million. Mr Dickson Graymond, a retired detective with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) insisted on the voluntariness of Akpan-Jacob’s alleged confessional statement while giving evidence during a trial. While being led in evidence by Mr Babatunde Sonoiki, the EFCC prosecuting counsel, Graymond said: “There are so many things that he confided in me that he refused to put into writing. “He admitted to me that Florence Doregos was Titi Atiku but he refused to put that into writing. “He confided in me that he wanted to contest in the Akwa-Ibom elections and that as soon as he begs Her Excellency, the matter will be over. “All what he told me were not forced, I did not even force him to write all what he confided in me in his confessional ...

Epic tho.. davido shades Caroline danjuma in new track #FIA

On his new single titled “Fia,” Davido subliminally shaded actress and girlfriend of late Tagbo, Caroline Danjuma. The two celebrities had a face-off that led them to the police for resolution. The issue emanated from the Caroline Danjuma’s Instagram post, accusing Davido of being involved in Tagbo’s death. The issue seem to have been resolved by the Nigerian police, with Davido vindicated and Caroline Danjuma embracing peace. But as expected, Davido addressed the issue on his latest single, Fia. His lyrics on the song, seem to be a shade to the beautiful actress. On the song, Davido said: “Caroline save your drama I dont need it, (its) for the soap opera. Holla holla Mr. Olopa I’m not hear to cause wahala o. Hello diva save your drama, you don’t need it in your soap opera o….”

Real Reason Why This Statue Of Fela Kuti In Lagos Is Headless

The 2017 edition of the festival was a special edition as it marked the 20th year anniversary of Fela’s demise, and the Lagos State government commemorated the legend by erecting ‘The Liberation’ a statue of Fela at Allen Roundabout, Ikeja, Lagos. To the surprise of several people, the statue erected was without a head and this raised a lot of suspiscion and comments from fans of the late Afrobeat legend. Responding on behalf of the family, Fela’s daughter and social commentator, Yeni Kuti has justified the design of the monument, saying it was the expression of how the artist felt about the late legend. She said: ‘Before people on social media will start to say the Fela has no head or it has no hand and so on, it is art and before you abuse us, let me answer quickly. It is art. How an artist feels is how he feels because if he had put a head and the head did not look like Fela, everybody will say the head did not look like Fela so now you cannot abuse the head because it is not even t...